While this position is usually in-office, it can easily be made remote as conversations can occur over the phone, via email, or even video conferencing. Working from home calls for proper remote work practices, as it can be challenging to stay self-motivated to work alone. However, if you are interested or need to do so, it can be the perfect decision to match your lifestyle. And, if you’ve got a knack for communication and problem-solving, that remote job might just fall under customer service. Ultimately, these interactions will help you succeed in customer service jobs while working from home. “The flexibility of being able to work when you want to [and] being able to pick your own work schedule.
- If you’re hoping to find a job where you can use your people skills while working from home, one of these jobs could be the right fit for you.
- While simply working at home can achieve these related benefits, operating a customer service company from home is truly the best choice for those who need and want to take back their life.
- Aspira hires individuals from the US and Canada for remote customer service roles within the outdoor recreation niche.
- In the United States alone, the number of remote employees has jumped by 115% in the last ten years!
- Most companies will have job seekers submit an internet speed test along with their job applications.
- U-Haul hires part-time sales and reservation representatives to help customers.
- However, if you enjoy the challenge and can easily find ways to stay on track without constant monitoring, this is the job for you.
- Kelly Services is a staffing agency that offers remote customer service and tech support positions.
The good news is that these core skills aren’t unique to customer service. While you’ll probably still have a team and a manager, it’s a little different when there’s physical distance separating you. It can get hard to stay motivated when you’re working independently. However, if you enjoy the challenge and can easily find ways to stay on track without constant monitoring, this is the job for you.
Holly Reisem Hanna is a former nurse who decided to start a blog to make money from home while caring for her daughter. Since its inception in 2009, The Work at Home Woman has helped millions of readers find legitimate work at home jobs and business ideas. Under https://remotemode.net/ Holly’s guidance, The Work at Home Woman was named one of the best websites for your career by Forbes two years in a row. Holly graduated from the University of Texas and has been featured in Yahoo Finance, Woman’s World Magazine, CNN, and many others.
Live chat via computer, as well as other digital services, is popular for many big (and small) online businesses. Fancy Hands provides customers with virtual assistants who help them complete everyday tasks. This service is designed for people who are extremely busy and need someone to organize their day-to-day schedule.
What Education Is Required?
This leap signals a change in what it means to build a career as a support professional. Working remotely means you have endless options about where and how to live. Nomad List connects you to a community of people and tools that can help you what is remote customer service find your way, no matter whether you want to stay in one spot or travel the world. Their website covers everything from cool cities to flights and local meetups. The director of customer success builds and leads the customer success team.
Courtney Stich is a prior educator turned blogger and home-based business owner! Founder of C-Side Creatives, Courtney helps entrepreneurs with Pinterest marketing and content writing. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature and a Master’s Degree in Technology and Design. Courtney is a mama to three beautiful kiddos and a wife to one amazingly supportive, loving hubby.